Saturday, September 27, 2008

3 years 10 months

Timmy has made friends in preschool and has to be reminded not to talk to them during rug time. I talked to Timmy how its important to give his teacher his full attention during rug time. I have tried to introduce Timmy to playing catch and kicking around a mini-soccer ball, but he seem to prefer quiet activities. Overall Timmy is doing well in school and getting along with other children.

Timmy has come along well with his language skills he sings along to songs in class. Timmy now can rely on complete sentences and seems to understand most of what you say. He often points out when someone doesn't do something in right order. Timmy fantasy play has gotten more and more elaborate, sometimes involving superheroes, or mommy daddy. I feel his new language skills is going to be a positive thing, because Timmy and I will be able to communicate better which will lead to a better understanding of one another.

Timmy is adapting well to social situations in school and at home. He seems to get along with other children well, but is more a follower than a leader. Timmy at time does have a behavior problem at times. He tends to be a little compliant and somewhat more aggressive at school. Also I don't feel he has any emotional problems at this time. At this time I don't think this is a problem I believe it's a part of growing up. I feel Timmy is going thru his terrible 3's. If it continues much longer I will be forced to take action on Timmy.

2 comments:

Misty Syftestad said...

My daughter Angel loves to sing songs from day care as well. Angel also points out when someone doesn't do something in the right order. How funny!!!

Samantha Smith said...

My son Aiden also likes to get very imaginative. He does so mainly outside when he is playing by himself. He'll pretend to be a superhero and fly around helping people. It sure is fun to watch their imaginations go!